WPCrons authors are typically web designers and developers just like our readers! We want our writers to share the tips and tricks they have learned, and we will give you plenty of help along the way. If you have an idea to share, here is how to turn it into a WPCrons article.
Being a community blog, I always encourage upcoming bloggers to contribute an original article related to the topic of our blog in order to showcase themselves in front of a wide audience.
Who Can Submit An Article?
You can! (Unless you are a spammer) Our authors range from experienced writers to first-timers. As our process includes editorial oversight, we can be a great place to publish your first piece.
You need an idea, something you want to share, and the ability to put together an outline to show us that your idea is likely to be of interest to our readers. From that point on, we can give you any help that you need as you write and revise your article. Experienced writers all started somewhere, we would be honored for you to start your writing career with us.
What Kind Of Articles Do We Publish?
We publish articles written by people who work on the web, for people who work on the web. These include:
- Tutorials — Either helping people get started with a new technology, or walking them through the process of building a project.
- Opinion — Do you have a strong opinion on something in our industry and the research to back it up? These can make useful talking points.
- Ultimate Guides — Longer articles really digging into a subject. A reference piece that people will return to time and time again.
- Case Studies — What did you or your company learn from a particular project. These need to focus on practical examples which will be useful to other people, not just a good story.
How can you become a WPCrons contributor?
To become a regular contributor at WPCrons, here are some tips that will help you to get your article accepted and published:
- Head over to the homepage and check out the first few pages to understand what kind of articles we publish here and what kind of articles users engage with the most.
- Write content that is solely focused on quality and adding value for readers.
- You have to be a blogger or a genuine reader who has something to write and share for the world.
- Here are a few of the categories that I accept articles from. Do remember to do a search on wpcrons to avoid submitting already published ideas.
- WordPress Plugins and Tutorials
- Content Marketing
- SEO tools, software, and case studies.
- Email marketing
- Running a remote team/company
- Social Media Marketing
- “How-to’s” and listified articles.
A few things to remember before submitting your guest post:
Get in touch to finalize the topic or send me the outline of your content.
- Article Quality: Articles should be a minimum of 2000 words and should cover the topic in detail. Incomplete details are like half-cooked food; no one loves incomplete articles. I take quality as one of the major considerations in accepting guest posts. To ensure your article gets published, write a very original piece which is written specifically for the WPCrons audience.
- Credit: WPCrons respects individual work and if your idea is derivative of someone else’s work, feel free to give them credit. The same goes for images that you use on your post. Please give credit where credit is needed.
- Screenshot + Video: Images speak a thousand words. Add images to convey your message, but don’t add them just for the sake of it. If you are writing tutorials, take a screenshot.
- Self-promotion: We allow genuine contribution and also allow any backlinks or anything of that sort. But you will get a chance to build a brand for yourself by contributing a post to WPCrons. In this regard you need pay for each article you want to publish.
- Copyright: We respect everyone’s work. In case we find out that you have copied a post from somewhere else, you will get an instant ban and immediate removal of all your blog posts and profile from WPCrons. Also, by submitting a post to WPCrons, you give us copyright ownership of the post. This helps us to deal with any DMCA related issues.
- Comment: Comments are the conversations about your published article. Answer any queries related to your article via the comments. This will give you more exposure and help out your readers.